Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Holiday and printed pictures.

I went to Cape Town International airport this morning to see my girlfriend off. She is going to Germany, to her parents for Christmas. It is going to be strange to not see her during Christmas. My parents and i are driving up to Johannesburg to go and visit my sister and the rest of the family.

I had the one panoramic pictures, posted previously, printed on A1 yesterday. i First mad a gloss print at Agfa in Canal walk and then tried to find a place where i could have the picture framed. After searching the entire Canal Walk and being told that no one can help me this year, I went to Duo Frames in Monte Vista. They are small but they know what they are doing. The woman i was dealing with was friendly and gave a lot of advice for future prints. E.g. If I print pictures that i want to frame, I should rather use a canvas print, because when a gloss picture is covered with a glass panel and the picture and the glass touch, you get "wet spots".

So last night when we went back to Canal Walk I had the same picture printed on canvas. Can't wait to see it framed.

No comments: