Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Weekend in Bredasdorp

This weekend I visited Bredasdorp, where my uncle lives. This is a small town about 2 hours drive outside Cape Town.

Cape Agulhas is about 20km away from Bredasdorp and is the Southern most tip of Africa.


At Cape Agulhas the Light house is a beautifully sight. I didn't go in this time, but last time I went up to the top and spent some time up there.

On the way back from there we drove along the cost through Hermanus, where the whale festival is on right now. Then through Kleinmond and lastly through the Strand.

Above is the bay where you can see the Whales in Hermanus. I saw a couple, but unfortunately was not able to capture one properly with the camera.

4 comments:

SoZa - Cape Town said...

I do love the beaches of South Africa

cape town accommodation said...

i think have a great please for you to visit south africa and their most beautiful places.this was a great occaion for you to visit their.i also want to go for visit their and want to catch their beauty in my eyes and camera.please dear write for this blog regular for suparb post as u visit.see this one for more details there
cape town accommodation

Meghashyam Chirravoori said...

Ah, Hermanus.

I have been curious about this: how do you spot the whales? Do you see them jumping about like in Sea World Shows? Or do you see them through the translucent sea water? Tell, please. :)

Davin said...

I love this Cape Agulhas lighthouse, I used to visit the place with my folks years ago, realy good memories.
There is also a great one on Cape Point, I want to put some pics up of that myself.