Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Another day in a powerless Cape Town



Well this was the third day in a row that we were without power at work. We had to sit there for 3 hours waiting for the power to come back on. I took some pictures at work of anything I could point my camera at. Got a nice picture of Table Mountain from work. I also took another one from home while there was still some light.

I just wonder what the hell we can do about the power cuts. They are now cutting random areas for random times during the day. Apparently there is a schedule, but our area is not even on the schedule. Even the Medical Research Council's at Tygerberg's power was cut this afternoon. Experiments were screwed and lots of time and money wasted. How can they just cut power of an area where there is a Hospital. That is a life threatening situation... And just sick. I really feel so powerless ( pun intended)

I have to give a shoutout to Derek the Bandit from The Sound Republic. Derek has been a institution here in South Africa when it comes to dance music. Have a listen to his podcast and enjoy some nice dance music.

No comments: