Sunday, February 19, 2006

Missing Power

Last night while surfing we experienced some brownouts. They got worse and worse till my PC rebooted and my connection to the Internet failed. So we went to bed. I woke up at 03:30 this morning with the noise of some welcome rain. At this point the power was out already. This morning at 08:30 the power was still out. So I grabbed the cellphone and checked news.google.com for some related news. Now this is probably the most ri­dicu­lous excuse for a power failure I have heard in a long time: Mist and the residue of the last couple of veld fires has caused the power grid of the whole Western Cape to fail. This was the official excuse by Escom (The only company in South Africa that is allowed to provide elec­tri­city to the public.)

So since there was nothing much to do here this morning we took a drive out to Cape Town to go and take some more pictures. As my luck has it, the mist rolled in from the sea before I even got to town and pictures where out of the question. I did find a picture that I took of Table mountian from Signal Hill.

I just took some pictures after the sun set. :)

No comments: